I am not one to brag about my cooking, but I love this queso dip! I started out by just using Velveeta Cheese and Rotel canned tomatoes like most people do. Then one night I made refried beans for a taco dinner and was trying to figure out what to do with the refried beans the night after. I decided to mix it in with the queso dip and it was delicious!! Now I make it all the time!
You only need 3 ingredients!
- 1 pound block of Velveeta Cheese
- 1 can of Rotel Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies (I like it a little spicy! You can buy the original if you don’t like spicy.)
- 1 can of Old El Paso Traditional Refried Beans
This serves 2-4 comfortably for a snack. (Double or even triple this recipe if you are looking to feed a larger group.)
Here’s how I make it:
- Cut the block of cheese into smaller cubes. It makes it easier for the cheese to melt. Put it in a saucepan and let it melt until smooth.
- Heat up the refried beans in another pan until they are hot and bubbling. It makes it easier to pour and mix with the cheese.
- Mix the Rotel canned tomatoes with the cheese then add in the refried beans. Let them cook all together until everything is mixed and melted together. Then it is done and ready to serve!
Serve it with your favorite tortilla chips and your guests will surely clean the bowl! Make sure you also have some of your favorite Salsa around. I like a little bit of salsa and queso on my chips. It’s a yummy mix.
Excuse the picture, we had already started digging in before I remembered to take the picture! 😉
Optional: You can also add ground beef to this as well. I haven’t tried it yet myself, but I am sure it would be amazing. I am definitely going to try it the next time I make it.
Hope you enjoy this queso dip as much as I do!